Installing the tracker for views on your website is an important step to enable analytics in Scoop.it. Additionally, if you have the Opportunities dashboard this data will allow you to know which articles would benefit the most from being shared, based on their performance stats.
By installing trackers, you will also see your traffic improve daily, weekly, and monthly.
How do I find the tracker in Scoop.it and where do I install it ?
1. Found and Copy the tracker from Scoop.it Content Director
From you smart calendar, click on "Trackers" bellow your Drupal destination and select/copy the code of the tracker views:
2. Install the tracking code on your Drupal site
- Log into your Drupal admin dashboard
- Click on Structure in the top menu
- Select Blocks
- Click on + Add Block
- Complete the settings for your new block:
- Block title: this is the title for your block
- Block description: give a description of your block
- Block body: pas the Scoop.it tracking code copied above
- Text format: Choose Full HTML. Please note that in some versions of Drupal, you may need to click Plain Text Editor beneath the Block Body field to ensure that your text is entered as HTML instead of rich text.
- Region settings: Choose "Footer"
- Visibility settings: If you do not want the Scoop.it tracking code to track analytics for certain pages, add them in this section. Otherwise, skip this section.
- Click Save block